Spinning Fire Truck Top - Switch Adapted Toy
This product is currently sold out.
As the top spins, the fire brigade races through the city, accompanied by flashing lights and realistic fire engine, police car and ambulance sirens. The Spinning Fire Truck Top helps develop or increase tracking skills and teaches cause and effect. It's sure to be a household favorite!
- Encourages visual attention
- Enhances auditory skills
- Demonstrates cause and effect
- Works with Sunshine or Plush Switch
Size: 10.25" Height x 9.75" Width x 11" Depth
Weight: 2.5 lbs.
Requires 8 AA batteries (not included)- two in the base of the toy top and six under the yellow mold. We recommend using Duracell or Energizer alkaline batteries only. Other types of batteries supply lower voltage and the unit may not perform properly. Do not use rechargeable batteries and never mix old and new or different brands or types of batteries.
Remove the battery covers and install all 8 batteries, paying attention to battery polarity. Replace the battery covers.
The Spinning Fire Truck Top spins by means of an elastic band (5 included), Make sure that one end of the elastic encircles flat section under the top (above the cone) and the other is around the shaft of the motor, below the umbrella-like flange.
Connect to any external capability switch (not included) with a 1/8-inch plug by means of the 1/8-inch jack at the end of the cord. Be sure there are no gaps between the jack and the plug.
Activate your switch to begin. The Spinning Fire Truck Top will continue to spin as long as the switch is activated. If you release the switch, The Spinning Fire Truck Top will stop.
Remove batteries if not in use for extended period of time.
Surface washable only. Do not submerge as damage to the electrical components will occur.
This toy can be wiped clean with any household multi-purpose cleaner and disinfectant. Do not use abrasive cleaners, as they will scratch the surface of the toy.
If toy does not function correctly:
- Make sure the elastic is not stretched or broken. If so, replace it with a #19 rubber band (available at any stationary store). Make sure that the elastic encircles the flat section under the top (above the cone) and the other is around the shaft of the motor, below the umbrella-like flange.
- Make sure that the external capability switch is pushed all the way in and there is no gap.
- Replace the batteries paying close attention to polarity.
- Try your switch with another device to make sure the switch is not the source of the problem.
If you represent a company, school or institution please call (203) 885-0984 or please click here. Special Orders
This specialized device has been developed for use by people with disabilities.
It should not be used without prior knowledge and consent of a guardian or professional who is qualified to assess the abilities and limitations of the individual using the device.